Preventing healthcare workers from sharp injuries – a state of play in Belgium - 29/04/2020
Preventing healthcare workers from sharp injuries –
a state of play in Belgium - 29/04/2020
beMedTech, the Belgian federation of the medical technology industry, organized a survey on sharp injuries among more than 950 nurses and lab technicians. At this symposium, we will present the results of this survey. These results will serve as the basis for a fascinating program on the theme. We provide an overview of the current status in Belgium and look at how neighboring countries approach the issue. Finally, we will formulate recommendations on how to improve prevention and safety.
We would like to invite you to join us on April 29th (1.30pm – 5pm). An invitation with the full program will follow soon.
- Survey Assessment Implementation Sharp Injuries Directive 2010/32/EU & Problems & Action Needed by HOSPEEM & EPSU
- Presentation of the results from the survey amongst nurses and medical lab technicians by Prof. dr. Jef Hendrickx (KU Leuven)
- Inspection and prevention of sharp injuries amongst healthcare workers in the Netherlands
- Legal and financial framework for (mandatory use) of safety devices in acute and ambulatory care in Germany
- Conclusions and recommendations
Location: beMedTech Romeinsesteenweg 468 - 1853 Strombeek Bever